Saturday, March 27, 2010
Last Monday at clinic the Doc's told us that Jaylee would be admitted this coming Friday April 2nd so we could start the chemo! We were both excited and scared. We know this has to be done, but it's still hard knowing its coming. This last Wednesday though Jaylee's central line got clogged and we had to try and push the blocked fluid out of the line. When it finally came loose, it shot into Jaylee really fast and sent her little body into shock and she started to shake like she was cold. After calling the doc on call that night, they wanted us to bring her up to the hospital to be checked out. By the time we got there she had a rally bad fever so they did some blood work and found that there was a bacteria in her line and when we pushed the fluid into her, it also pushed the bacteria in too. After being at the hospital for about an hour her breathing got labored and they decided to transfer her to the PICU. We were in there for a day. One of our biggest concerns was if this was going to set the chemo date back and the docs said that with it still being a week away, that will be enough time for the bacteria to be under control. So that's good. We will prob be stay at the hospital until they start the chemo so we are back to living here pretty much! It's amazing how things work out sometimes. It sucked that Jaylee had to get sick again with this bacteria but a blessing at the same time bacause it was just a matter of time until this happend anyway. We are just glad it happend before she started chemo, or else it would have been ALOT worse! Other than the last two days Jaylee has been such a good girl. She's happy and playing and all around is great!